Nancy M Schwartz
Up, Not Down Syndrome is a love letter and a map. Experience how it feels to think your life is over after having an unlovable baby. At first the loss seems impossible to overcome. Alex becomes the author’s greatest teacher. Love is stronger than fear. Everyone has gifts. The book consists of three parts: the story, the lessons Alex taught the writer and Alex’s perspective. Up, Not Down Syndrome is a promise to stay positive, no matter what: up, not down. Nancy’s journey gets to the core of what it is to be human:
- Explore what it feels like to think life, as you know it, is over.
- Discover the fierce love, joy and peace a baby diagnosed with Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) brings.
- Learn the lessons this child taught his mom.
- Understand the gift this baby brings to our world.
- Realize the depth of the love this family has for the child.
Mrs. L on Amazon wrote:
A beautiful story about Alex and all the lessons he teaches his Mother. Reading this book during the pandemic, I was even able to apply some of the lessons to myself and my outlook during tough times. Even though Alex is not yet able to speak, Nancy gives Alex a voice at the end of every chapter. You really can’t go wrong with this book.. it’s an uplifting story with valuable lessons for life.
What a candid, painful, yet beautiful recounting of the moments after her third son was born. The author’s honesty is so touching and unexpected. And I loved the lessons she learned from Alex, and how she has given a voice to Alex. What an amazing mother, with three incredible sons!